The role is for a Group Accountant for a 12 month maternity cover role based in Crawley.
The role is supporting the group functions and has overseas responsibilities.
My client operates in multiple countries throughout the world an this role is integral in consolidating the group accounts. The company is a well known media agency in its field, they have grown significantly and expect this to continue. The parent company is based overseas and they have tight reporting deadlines.
The role requires someone able to consolidate across multiple entities and countries, they must also have the ability to investigate anomalies and report on them. The Group Accountant role will report to the Group Financial Controller, below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Consolidation of monthly management accounts
- Reporting exposure, ideally having used Hyperion
- Statutory accounts preparation for trading companies
- Liaise with auditors and assist with year-end
- Produce the consolidation of the annual budget and cash-flow forecasting
- Sales analysis and other analysis as required
- Strong excel and systems are highly advantageous
- Review and authorise payment runs
The successful candidate will be a strong technical accountant that has also gained experience of the more commercial aspects within a finance function. Must have strong consolidations and reporting exposure across multiple entities and countries. The role requires someone to be able to start the maternity cover in the next 2 months and commit to a 12 month contract period with the business.
The successful candidate will also have strong Excel and systems abilities and want to work in a past paced environment.
The successful candidate will secure a Group Accountant role in a growing media business based in Crawley. The contract is a 12 month maternity cover and is paying between £45,000 - £50,000.