This is the ideal role for a merchandiser looking to move into a business where they wil have full autonomy. This is part time role offering 3 days a week or 4 days a week reduced hours.
My client are a creative interior and homewares retail business based in Swindon. They specialise in homemade products and offer a vast range of products from pottery to gift cards.
The Merchandiser is responsible for forecasting and delivering the forward plan for their department(s). They will be accountable for delivering the sales, profit and stock targets to help the department(s) deliver an enticing product selection for customers whilst meeting commercial targets.
The successful Merchandiser would also be responsible for
- WSSI Control
- Range reviews alongside Buyer
- Improving stock availability to ensure maximised sales
- Manage suppliers, ensuring a strong mutually beneficial relationship
- Constantly identifying and implementing Merchandising process improvements
The successful merchandiser will have :
- A good understanding of Buying and Merchandising
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Good communication skills - working closely with Buying, Branch Merchandising, Retail Operations, Logistics and external Suppliers
- A thorough approach required on forecasting and planning sales and intake across the range
- The ability to hit deadlines
The salary on offer is dependent on level of experience and working hours, they are looking to pay up to £25,000.