Senior Mechanical Engineer
Join a global PLC coming off the back of its two most successful years with regards to production figures, engineering spend and profitability.
Michael Page is working with a global PLC who supply specialised products into a wealth of industrial markets including Oil and Gas, Power generation, construction, automotive and catering/home appliances.
With a UK Headquarters in South Yorkshire and multiple sites across the globe this company place believe that they are local experts with a global reach.
With a 24/7 Manufacturing demand, they are constantly striving for practical, cost effective and timely engineering solutions to a varying scope of improvements and day to day issues.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be considered the technical expert on site for all mechanical matters and part of the engineering leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Senior Mechanical Engineer will:
- Effectively manage the mechanical engineering function, implementing your strategy and leading the delivery of all mechanical personnel.
- Identify areas and projects for improvements and balancing this with the engineering budgets and maintenance expenditure
- Develop mechanical engineering and maintenance best practices through the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to systematically improve performance and understand the root cause of failures.
- Negotiate key contracts with the Procurement function to maximise value and develop good working relationships
- To actively support the development and further implementation SAP Plant Maintenance to develop planned maintenance and reduce reactive maintenance
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a senior position in the business and as such you will be expected to uphold the core values of the business in everything that you do. You will be extremely safety aware and a confident leader of your teams.
The ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer will:
- Hold a minimum of a degree in mechanical or a related engineering subject, ideally you will be pursuing professional accreditation to chartered status.
- Have a proven track record of leading teams within an industrial environment, preferably with additional health and safety regulations such as COMAH or ATEX
- Have demonstrable experience of selecting and managing industrial contractors
- Have held budgetary responsibility for a department or for major projects preferably with a value of over £1 million PA
- You will be a passionate employee, constantly striving to make yours and your colleagues working environments better
Competitive plus package