I am now looking to recruit 2 x Production Engineers for a leading, well known manufacturing business based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. To apply for this position you will have a background in Engineering, Lean or Production/Manufacturing Engineering.
Based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire my client are a leading and progressing manufacturing business who are currently going through growth and new product introduction and due to this require 2 x Production Engineers on a days based position.
Reporting into the Value Stream Manager as the Production Engineer you will be an Integral team member of the engineering team to ensure Safety, Quality and Delivery for products and processes in assigned Value Stream from raw material to finished goods ready to ship. Assume responsibility for costs and profitability of value stream. Directly interact with all internal departments, value stream managers, suppliers and customers.
- Assume overall accountability for the production costs and efficiency of assigned Value Stream.
- Maintain quality through all processes; reacts to quality issues and responds with corrective actions.
- Utilises lean concepts to drive process improvements, data analysis, standardisation and regular project management.
- Insures strict compliance with corporate EH&S goals and compliance objectives.
- Insures that programs and procedures are adopted to guard against industrial accidents and protect the safety and well being of area employees.
- Fully support and comply with all ISO Quality and Environmental Systems and SFS objectives and projects.
- Prepares an annual operating budget and insures that assigned Value Stream operates within established cost controls.
- Accountable for establishing and executing productivity projects to meet Value Stream and plant targets.
- Responsible to work with product teams to insure manufacturability of new product(s), machine specifications, plant capital requirements, project timelines, and production launch.
- Continually reviewing and evaluating existing operating policies, procedures, systems, schedules, equipment, etc., and overseeing the implementation of modifications and improvements.
- Through subordinates and upon approval, as necessary, establishes operating policies, procedures and practices for their manufacturing area; interprets and explains objectives, programs and policies.
- Continually monitoring the performance of each function reporting to him/her and insuring the maintenance of normal operations.
- Regularly reviews and analyses various types of manufacturing related reports and keeps senior management informed of significant activities and problems.
To apply for the Production Engineer position based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire you will have/be:
- HNC/HND (minimum) in an Engineering or manufacturing discipline
- 2+ years experience required in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate strong "hands on" mechanical skills and understanding of various processes (Grinding, Turning, Heat treatment etc)
- Trouble shooting skills on machinery and systems of work
- Must apply judgement to plan and perform assigned tasks within known limits
- Constant drive and passion to improve current processes and meet deadlines
- Provide solutions to problems with full project planning demonstrated (timing plans etc)
- Works with heightened care to avoid the risk of injury to others
- Demonstrated ability/desire to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrates the Stanley Leadership Qualities
Please apply for more information.