This is a great opportunity for a Merchandiser to move into a corporate retail business that have strong procedures and processes in place. This opportunity will give you full autonomy of your category. Career development is top priority to so you should expect to see career growth, with plenty of challenges along the way.
My client are a very well established homewares retail business based in London who are currently undergoing an amazing transition period. This is great opportunity to work alongside some of the experts in the industry.
The Merchandiser is responsible for forecasting and delivering the forward plan for their department(s). They will be accountable for delivering the sales, profit and stock targets to help the department(s) deliver an enticing product selection for customers whilst meeting commercial targets.
The successful Merchandiser would also be responsible for
- WSSI Control
- Range reviews alongside Buyers
- Improving stock availability to ensure maximised sales
- Manage suppliers, branded beauty, ensuring a strong mutually beneficial relationship
- Constantly identifying and implementing Merchandising process improvements
The successful merchandiser will have :
- A good understanding of Buying and Merchandising
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Good communication skills - working closely with Buying, Branch Merchandising, Retail Operations, Logistics and external Suppliers
- A thorough approach required on forecasting and planning sales and intake across the range
- The ability to hit deadlines
The salary on offer is dependent on level of experience, they are looking to pay between £45,000 - £50,000 + bonus.