Team Administrator - Guildford
£19,678 per annum pro rata working 21/36 hours per week, based at St Francis Centre, Southway, Guildford. GU2 8WZ. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
Please include in your cover letter whether you will be interested in a Full Time/Part Time position.
24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
We are looking for 3 x Full Time and 1 x Part Time experienced and confident administrators to join a team of 7 Team Administrators at the St Francis Centre, Guildford, to provide comprehensive support to approximately 120 frontline social work staff as well as dealing directly with customers on emotionally charged matters. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for an altogether more stretching and rewarding role read on…
You will be working as part of our busy area social care administration team within the Children’s Service, supporting the day to day running of the Admin Tasks and assisting social workers with duties these include, but are not limited to, handling phone calls, typing up minutes, processing police reports, liaising with colleagues and professionals and dealing with emails. This role provides excitement, challenges and opportunities for development.
You will need to be customer-focused, with great written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. It’s a requirement that you understand the importance both of confidentiality, and of taking responsibility for delivering your own work to a consistently high standard. We would expect you to have experience of working in a busy office environment, and share our deep commitment to providing the highest standard of customer care.
Strong IT and communication skills are essential for this role.
Much of your time will be spent dealing with highly confidential information and emotionally charged matters, so we need an experienced administrator who can provide frontline customer service, as well as behind-the-scenes support. Above all, you must be able to make life easier for our managers and social workers, quickly gaining thorough knowledge of all their specialisms and co-ordinating and prioritising your own workload.
If you are successful in being shortlisted for this role, you will be expected to undertake a face to face interview, alongside Word/Excel and Telephone skills test.
Please note that we will not accept CV’s sent to us directly and these will be discarded. You will need to apply through the Surrey Jobs Website and click Apply.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15th April 2018. Interview date to be confirmed.
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.