Senior Web Trader-Events
Under the management of the Web Trading Manager as a Senior Web Trader you will be responsible for driving sales and conversion through ongoing seasonal and event initiatives.
Managing one Web Trading Assistant you will lead and work alongside the wider General Merchandise team and Web Trading teams to drive click through, conversion and sales through events and initiatives that inspire our customers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the events calendar across the General Merchandise/Non Food business delivering maximum impact; including owning the events process from planning to implementation
- Work closely and collaborate with the Ocado Online/Grocery teams to continuously work on and develop GM Events to optimise sales and meet the needs of our customers
- Create new ideas for events by closely following trends, competitor activity, trading needs and wider business insights
- Work with key stakeholders to create clear customer propositions to drive click through and conversion of the events
- Ensure Creative are briefed with as much detail as possible on objectives of an event and hypotheses to achieve best results for go live
- Making insightful trade-offs and prioritisation decisions into how to optimize visibility of best performing events across the Ocado.com webshop and apps
- Use insight and analysis to learn, improve and iterate on both a weekly and seasonal basis by reacting to insight and summarising key learnings
- Responsible for merchandising of seasonal initiatives outside of events by ensuring that we maximise sales of seasonal products through usual customer shopping habits such as search and browsing
- Improving processes to continually improve efficiency and to get a better output of results
- Build collaborative relationships with key teams eg: Grocery, Marketing, Creative, Web Trading, Buying and Promotions teams
- Help the broader General Merchandise/Hypermarket teams to achieve their goals, assisting with ad hoc requests and supporting supplier funded initiatives as required
- Use your knowledge and experience to manage and develop the Web Trading Assisant
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in online retailing
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- A strong customer mindset
- Collaborative team worker
- Commercial awareness and problem solving skills
- Organised with good prioritising and time management skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn are essential
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.