Social Media Manager
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Our client, an award winning creative agency, located just a short hop from the centre of London (25 minutes from Kings Cross by train), in leafy Hertfordshire, are currently looking for a Social Media Manager to help manage their client’s social media channels.
They are a friendly, down to earth bunch and with all of their clients in the retail and leisure sector, this is a great opportunity for a social butterfly with a keen interest in fashion and lifestyle, to get their foot in the door in this exciting and rapidly evolving industry.
The ideal candidate will be digitally savvy and fully immersed in all aspects of social media. You will possess strong attention to detail and a brilliant grasp on vocabulary - from current and emerging slang/street terms to Queen’s English. You should be able to work collaboratively with other members of the team, including Client Services, Copywriters, Art Directors and Creatives, as well as independently to create exciting and engaging content.
They are a growing company and anticipate that the social media team will expend over the coming years as we bring in new accounts. The Social Media currently has one direct report of a Social Media Executive and this could grow over the coming year.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Developing a social media strategy for each of their retail/leisure destinations
- Managing and supporting the Social Media Executive
- Working closely with their Copywriter/Creative team to plan on-going social media campaigns
- Writing social media copy - both general/topical and more commercially-focused - responsive social media posts in line with 'real time’ events, promotional retailer posts, functional messaging, fun posts, memes etc.
- Sourcing appropriate photography from retailer Head Offices and suppliers for use across social media and digital channels
- Uploading and scheduling posts
- On-going overall social media strategy
- Social media advertising
- Staying on top of current and emerging social media, technology and popular cultural trends and an aptitude for applying these in social media campaign concepts
- Monthly reporting and on-going basic data analysis
- Monitoring of social media channels and acting on any engagement appropriately (some out of hours cover may be required)
- Interacting with engaged consumers where relevant
- Contributing to new business pitches and presentations
- Some travel to sites within the UK and potentially Europe will be required
- Ad hoc support within the creative team and client services
- Interaction with store managers and marketing teams to secure visual assets
THESE MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Contributing to website content - writing editorial/blog style posts covering fashion, beauty, leisure, food, film, topical and seasonal activity as well as more corporate, functional messages
- PR support - creating press releases and liaising with press
- Event concept generation and planning
- Creative campaign development
- Client Services
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vero if possible
- Google Analytics
- Salary of £26,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- 22 days holiday
- Option for private healthcare
- Company phone