Market Data Developer - C# / C++ or Java - will be working mainly with C#
My client is a fast growing FinTech firm and, due to rapid growth, we are expanding our technical, client facing and sales teams. We have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation. Employees have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly. They also have the freedom to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an extremely motivated and dynamic start-up environment.
We build and provide trade analysis software to investment banks, hedge funds and asset managers. The web based platform relies upon advanced analytics running on cutting edge software.
current products include:
Rogue trader detection
Insider trading and market abuse detection
Trader and high frequency trader performance profiling and development
- Primarily development experience in C# but would also be happy to look at C++/Java candidates
- At least 2+ years working with a trading function and/or trading technology
- Could also be from a middle office dev background but would need to have good knowledge of the trading systems/market data
- Has worked previously with financial market data and/or financial symbology
- Ideally has experience of working with risk systems and/or real-time trading systems
- Product knowledge of at least 1-2 asset classes.
- Experience of databases, preferably with larger scale data e.g. trades/positions/market data etc.
The core of the role would be to work on our market data stack and would include areas such as integrating our existing feeds with new DB technology and building out new feeds/handlers from providers and/or exchanges, as well as integrating this with our existing product suite. The candidate will need to understand the market data as well as just data-warehouse it, hence the biz knowledge requirement above.