L&D Manager / Learning and Development Manager
Job Title: L&D Manager / Learning and Development Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + Car or Car Allowance
Department: Human Resources - Learning & Development
Direct Reports: 5 Trainers
Base: London with mobility around the UK
Exciting opportunity to join a business experiencing exponential growth and investment. To be part of shaping a L & D department for a premium business.
L&D Manager will design, deliver and evaluate blended training programmes based on the needs of the business across the following functions; retail stores, customer contact centre and distribution centre.
The L&D Manager consistently identifies the development needs within the organisation and innovates new training content and techniques to enhance the learning of our teams and maintain a learning culture within the business. They must have an excellent understanding of retail as well as other functions like call centre standards and be able to influence widely across many levels of management within all departments.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, design and deliver L&D solutions to support development outlined in the overall L&D strategy using a blend of methodologies including computer based, self-managed learning, remote delivery, management cascade, class room and on-job learning as appropriate.
- Design and maintain relevant training materials to support the blended learning approach. Constantly look at new ways to enhance training solutions in order to deliver commercial value to the business.
- Ensure that every L&D intervention has clear business focused aims that enables robust evaluation of the effectiveness, and measurement of return on investment.
- Undertake evaluation of all L&D interventions, report against agreed KPIs.
- Assist in the formulation of the annual L&D plan and budget.
- Implement the Learning Management System within the organisation.
- Provide development by coaching and 1 to 1 support where the need has been established.
- Establish a training network within branches to support L&D requirements, including assessment of trainers for consistent delivery of standards and knowledge group-wide.
- Together with the HR and Retail Director, as well as other key heads help promote a culture of in-house succession that encourages and maintains a positive approach to staff retention.
- Ensure continuous communication about L&D activities is cascaded to the business using a variety of mediums; mail, shared folders, paper etc.
- Together with the Retail and HR Director, design, implement and maintain the performance management process which includes developing forms, support material and training programs.
- Design and implement the succession planning framework within the organisation.
- Manage the L&D Trainers
- Holds a recognised training qualification is desirable
- Experienced in managing and developing a small team
- Experienced in design, delivery and evaluation of training within retail
- Experienced in the delivery of Management Development Programmes
- Excellent Coaching Skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at working on multiple projects at the same time with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and has the skills to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Administratively competent in generating monthly reports and updating databases.
- Has the ability to spot potential in others and communicates the success of those whom they train and coach across all levels.
At Venture, our ambition is simple - to introduce the very best candidates to great businesses. Specialising in Retail, Hospitality, Sales and Head Office recruitment, we’ve built our reputation through outstanding account management and a flexible approach.
With over 20 years developing a network of trusted contacts - we provide solutions nationwide for high volume requirements and executive search assignments.
Whether you’re in Retail Management, Head office, Restaurant Management, Regional Management or from a Sales environment - whether you are a client, a candidate or a potential new employee we’d love to hear from you.
Your Journey. Your Future. Our Passion.