IT Operations Manager - Wimbledon
A London based company with 850 staff, is looking for an IT Operations Manager.
You will have a breadth of experience of managing and enhancing IT systems for a business.
You will take responsibility for the day to day operations of the company’s systems, reporting, and change management as a product owner. You will work closely with the IT Director and colleagues in the IT Team, as well as senior stakeholders, and technology providers, so interpersonal skills are key. Your focus will be on system enhancement, data feeds, operational support, stability and security. You will be responsible for setting objectives, performance management, and project delivery within your team.
You will come from a technical background, and have a thorough understanding of how computer systems are built and maintained, and connected to other platforms. You will have been - you may still be - a developer or database specialist. You will help determine the direction and success of the business through its systems. You will gain deep knowledge of the data, workflows, processes and operations of the company.
- Oversee the administration and operation of the company’s systems including data accuracy and access
- Liaise with tech suppliers and staff to ensure that systems are performing, secure, accessible, monitored, and useable
- Plan and implement IT enhancements, change requests, updates, and releases
- Ensure that work is specified, designed, tested and delivered
- Define and adjust reports for senior management and all stakeholders
- Lead the IT Operations team, ensuring they are motivated, clearly tasked, and delivering strongly for the company.
Competencies & experience include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to take the pulse of the operation, through reporting and dashboards
- Strong experience implementing data feeds / APIs
- Quick response to requests for bespoke information or change
- Work with suppliers, and manage their delivery into daily business
- Propose and provide solutions that meet immediate and longer term needs
- Strong technical breadth across many platforms
- Communication skills to gather and share information, alongside drive and energy
- Knowledge of development environments, databases, technical infrastructure
- Degree in Computer Science or related/relevant experience
- Achievement in agile approaches and modern software practice
- Knowledge of the property sector and its technology
You’ll be joining a fresh and capable team, with a great track record.