Financial Controls Analyst
Finance Controls Analyst
Meraki Talent are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading financial services company in Edinburgh, this is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is currently working or recently worked in financial services.
The business is experiencing an exciting period of growth and are looking for individuals who are keen to work in a fast paced, professional environment. This role is within a new team that is being created in Edinburgh, reporting directly to the Head of Reconciliations. The team will consist of 2 individuals who will provide financial oversight of all platform control accounts and trading activities in line with individual client requirements.
The successful applicant will be someone with previous experience within developing and building new operating processes and working within a fast-moving change environment.
Responsibilities of the Finance Control Analyst:
- The team will be responsible for ensuring that on a daily, weekly and monthly basis all underlying accounting postings and related control accounts are in line with client’s propositions and can be substantiated by system generated reporting.
- Develop an understanding of individual propositions including requirements for daily, weekly and monthly SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of each client’s requirements and that the wider reconciliations and oversight teams adhere to pre-agreed daily, weekly and monthly Service Level Agreements.
- To do this, you’ll help develop and improve internal reports to substantiate your findings and be able to escalate any issues as appropriate.
- This role is not about following a pre-existing process. It’s about looking to identify the controls gaps on behalf of clients and put in place the correct system to fill that gap.
- It’s quite a fluid role, that will grow and develop as you become more familiar with the platforms and how to make them better.
Experience of the Finance Control Analyst:
- Financial services experience is desired
- Part-Qualified Accountant is essential
- Experience in developing and building new operating processes and working within a fast-moving change environment.
- Know the difference between and debit and a credit, and what a trial balance should look like and what financial controls should look like in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- This team offers excellent career potential for suitably qualified and experienced individuals looking to work in an exciting, ever changing environment.
Sarah Hutchinson wants: finance, reconciliations, ledger, accountant