Junior Admin Assistant
An exciting Junior Administrator role, based in Reading, paying a competitive salary
Your new company
A leading legal 500 firm is looking to grow their Commercial Property department. This medium sized firm has multiple offices based in across Berkshire. Following a succession of new clients through business development, the firm is currently looking for an Junior Admin Assistant that has experience looking for an entry level role into a legal environment.
Your new role
Your main role will be to, deliver a consistently high quality service to all customers, whether external or internal, provide the right image of the firm to all customers, to be part of an effective, flexible team that works together to deliver the services that meet the customers needs. Your other duties will include:
- To make sure all incoming post is processed promptly and gets to the relevant people
- To make sure all outgoing post is collected promptly and regularly and processed in the correct way.
- To take DX mail to the exchange when volumes are low
- 'Post' includes Royal Mail (both standard and special delivery), DX deliveries and collections, parcels, arranging
- couriers and dispatches, hand deliveries
- To provide accurate, prompt and efficient photocopying and binding services for the firm.
- To ensure that the quality of all completed copying jobs is checked before it is released.
- File closures
- To maintain adequate supplies of stationery on the floor.
- To ensure stationery stocks are maintained and that new supplies are ordered via Reading Central Services only.
- To deliver and serve teas and coffees to all client meetings.
- To buy and prepare all lunches for client meetings and seminars.
- Deliver milk to the kitchen first thing in the morning.
- To report any landlord issues to the Finance and Building Manager.
- To look after contractors who come on site and make sure they are properly supervised.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day tidiness of all areas and assisting with setting up of meeting rooms.
- Check the cleaning book daily and report back to Reading Facilities Team if there are any problems.
- Responsible for booking of conference rooms.
- Maintain the computerised room booking diary and confirm with the person making the booking to ensure all details are correct and that the client needs will be met.
- To change toner cartridges, set up video-conference phone and other simple technical tasks.
- Stock control of toner cartridges and other basic IT items
- To report IT issues to the central IT Team
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, benefits package, as well support and valuable experience within a legal environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.