Head of Compliance
Cashflows provide integrated online payment systems for merchants and BIN Sponsorship services for Program Managers and ATM’s. We are dedicated to developing our core technology, regulatory authorisations and card scheme memberships to offer our partners and customers a range of innovative payment solutions. This includes card acquiring, Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards and ATM Sponsorship.
CashFlows, along with other companies operating within the FinTech sector, has all of the advantages of limited bureaucracy, a fast-paced working environment, the freedom to experiment with products, while also dealing adeptly with the weightier subject matter inherent in finance such as compliance and security.
We have an immediate requirement for Head of Compliance to ensure compliance and other subsidiaries with applicable laws and regulations. The role will involve many aspects of compliance to apply to Banking and Anti Money Laundering regulations in the UK and other EEA jurisdictions alongside Visa and MasterCard requirements.
You will work closely with many departments and seek advice from our Legal team to resolve issues and ensure that best practise is followed at all times. There will also be the added responsibility of reporting to the Board on any specific compliance efforts.
You will be the acting MLRO for the company and perform the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance is at the heart of operational delivery.
- Take ownership of the Group Risk Management Framework.
- Drive the continued development of appropriate Group Policy and Process as the business grows across sectors and geographies.
- Direct line management of compliance team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the most senior member of the compliance team, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of leading the compliance function in the financial services sector.
- Strong knowledge of FCA regulations.
- Electronic Money Regulation experience.
- Knowledge of payment card scheme regulation.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS obligations.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-developing environment essential.
- Strong influencing skills up to Board level.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Basic salary will be awarded based simply on what you bring to the business. We are a fair employer who believes strongly in a close relationship between performance and reward. However, an indication of basic salary is always useful, so our expectations are in the region of £80,000-£100,000 per annum.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- Personal performance bonus.
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Income protection.
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- Health Cash Plan
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Free parking at our Cambridge office
- Bike to Work Scheme
Whether it’s the beach, the city or the mountains 25 days paid leave a year gives you plenty of time to enjoy yourself away from the office.
Finally, no promises but we have been known to throw a great staff party once or twice a year!
Fun and flexibility is important to us, but we also want to give our customers great service and continually enhance our products. To achieve this we need your 100% commitment 35 hours a week between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Sometimes, with your agreement, we might ask for a bit more….
Ideally, we would like you to be within commuting distance from Cambridge but there is some flexibility to travel between our London and Cambridge offices.