The role is a Consultancy position at Principal Consultant grade which sits within the Delivery business area.
- Engagements will vary, working across public or private sector and a range of markets. Therefore geographic locations and duration of specific engagements will also vary.
- The nature of each assignment will vary dependent on the contractual requirements but may include: Opportunity Assessment, Savings Delivery and Programmes, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation, Project and Programme Management.
- Engagements may include working across multiple categories of spend or require specific subject matter expertise and typically you can expect to be leading on consultancy deliverables or required to work alone.
- In addition to client delivery you will be a member of a Category Team and will actively work on internal business development in areas such as product development, best practice and innovation, market shaping, knowledge sharing and sales opportunities.
- Utilise tools and methodologies alongside specialist knowledge to deliver procurement processes, procurement projects, transformation and change consistently and efficiently.
- Utilise creativity and innovations to develop solutions and strategies that deliver maximum value cost improvements and benefits to clients.
- Create effective working relationships with stakeholders and senior client sponsors to deliver allocated projects, anticipating and responding to client requirements, managing conflicts and issues.
- Responsible for simultaneously managing large or complex projects (inclusive of across more than one engagement) and leads on client management activities and the coordination of project teams.
- Undertake complex Opportunity Assessment Reviews and develop valid opportunities and propositions across all areas of spend.
- Lead the identification and delivery of innovative and strategic savings initiatives across areas of project responsibility.
- Manage client focussed benefits realisation processes and overarching governance that deliver our client commitments and business targets.
- Deliver effective performance management and continuous improvement through the deployment of contract management and SRM principles so to deliver cash and efficiency savings whilst maintaining robust supplier relationships on behalf of clients where applicable.
- Share expertise and market insight to enable innovative delivery to clients and knowledge sharing. Utilise knowledge and experience to become a trusted advisor to clients. Lead on category team activities such as knowledge sharing, product development, best practice delivery, innovation (e.g. white paper development) and strategy development.
- Identify opportunities and develop business cases for up-sell on client engagements and utilise networks to develop new sales opportunities.
- When assigned an engagement to lead, be responsible for managing delivery teams and coordinating contributions of others. In addition you will likely have operational line management responsibilities for a number of individuals.
- Commitment to service and delivery excellence.
- Displays high degree of personal effectiveness, able to maintain pace of delivery, lead and manage project teams.
- Strong project management skills, capable of managing large or complex programmes that encompass change and transformation.
- Bring innovative and fresh thinking in procurement delivery and specialist areas of expertise to ensure high degree of client satisfaction.
- Wide breadth of Procurement expertise including Category management & strategy development, strategic sourcing & savings delivery, working with public contract regulations and opportunity analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills with ability to support and positively challenge clients and deliver negotiations.
- A clear, concise communicator with strong presentation skills (oral and written) and ability to positively influence.
- Generalist Category experience.
- People management experience
- Experienced in developing innovative category strategies using leading category management methodology.
- Demonstrates track record of developing, maintaining and managing client, senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrates track record in leading supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets.
- Will have worked in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector.
- Has knowledge of sourcing across complex categories within multiple industry sectors.
- Will ideally have business consultancy experience.
- Is innovative, self-starter and results orientated as well as understands the "value add" procurement professional.
- Experienced in working in a matrix structures would be advantageous.
- Experience of direct and indirect people management.
- MCIPS qualified or holds other relevant business qualification.
- Minimum degree level qualification.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.