Accounts Support / Finance Analyst - 12 month FTC
Accounts Support / Finance Analyst - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 + benefits
Location: South Bristol
We are recruiting on behalf of a large financial services business based in South Bristol (Bedminster Down) who have a great opportunity to join their Cash Management Operations and Control team as an Accounts Support / Finance Analyst on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
This role is responsible for the timely completion of the reconciliation of cash and asset accounts operated for and on behalf of clients. All discrepancies need to identified and kept up-to-date with the appropriate annotation for timely reporting to the wider business including Senior Management, enabling prompt resolution.
The successful applicant is expected to continually review established procedures in order to identify and implement effective process improvement which is crucial to the success of the department.
Analysts play a major role in ensuring all client money and safe custody assets are held and reconciled in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and where applicable FCA guidelines.
- Ensure all assets are reconciled fully, accurately and within the prescribed timescales
- Identify and escalate all reconciliation discrepancies in accordance with the relevant policy and/or regulatory guidelines
- Monitor and follow up discrepancies that are being investigated by other internal business units or third parties through to satisfactory resolution
- Meet standards and deadlines established by the direct line manager
- Adhere to procedures while also focusing on improving efficiencies within the established tasks
- All procedures carried out have up to date process notes in line with any changes to working practice
- Liaise with other departments in order to understand and resolve differences
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Innovative and willing to take initiative
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Ability to prioritise and work well under deadline pressure
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of numeracy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Able to work in a team environment
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- A level Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience of successfully working within a role which is highly numeric or technical
- An understanding of the FCA CASS rules
Benefits include 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan, subsidised gym membership and a flexible employee benefits scheme. Appropriate training will be provided as the role demands ensuring the individual is set-up for success.