Merchandiser/Buyer/Stock Management - Fashion/Brands
Our well established and successful, growing client within the fashion industry have a new exciting permanent opportunity for a Merchandiser/Buyer to join the team within their Gloucester offices.
This is an ideal rare opportunity to join a progressive and reputable company that can offer future career opportunities.
- Accountable for product and stock management for a range of suppliers, ordering within agreed stock levels whilst maintaining availability targets, using a range of analytical tools and sources of data.
- Continually reviewing supplier terms including negotiating commercially viable rebates, discounts etc., monitoring SLA’s, quality and the performance of products in the range.
- Managing the communication of critical data and information from suppliers, sales and range builders to ensure product and pricing data is kept up to date and relevant.
- Contributing to the development of sales and gross margin budgets including the reduction of terminal stock levels.
- Monitor sale activity on the range including occasional visits to suppliers and customers.
- Analysing supply, availability and sales data to ensure purchasing and delivery schedule decisions are based on accurate and up to date information.
- Continually monitoring the relationships with suppliers and updating company information on pricing and availability variations.
- Attending meeting with key customers and sales staff to inform and collect sales and demand requirements.
- Producing regular performance reports on products price, stock levels and predicted availability.
- Producing weekly factory updates and management of orders due reports including the update of delivery dates.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the supply and demand of the products, both internally and externally.
- Assisting at trade shows and company promotional events.
- Being aware of changes in legislation in relevant areas of responsibility.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a safe working environment in compliance with company H&S policy and procedures.
Education & Qualification:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to analyse and organise large amounts of data.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organise workload.
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative.
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Previous buying / merchandising / stock management experience.
- CIPS or other recognised qualification an advantage but not essential.
Hours - Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - £26-27k