Golden Services have several fantastic opportunities for Care Worker’s based in Oxfordshire and around the surrounding areas.
Location: Oxfordshire and surrounding areas;Wantage, Didcot, Abingdon and Grove
Salary: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
Contract: Full time & Permanent
Golden Services is a family run care company providing a high standard of domiciliary care covering the Didcot, Grove and Abingdon areas based in Wantage, Oxfordshire. As a company we promote independence and active participation and Service users are supported & encouraged to maintain their abilities to enable them to feel empowered wherever possible. Service users are given the privacy, dignity and respect they are entitled to in their own homes by respecting their wishes and decisions.
We are recognised by the Care Quality Commission for our outstanding delivery in domiciliary care in the community. We have achieved the Silver Award with Investors in People and thoroughly believe in employee development and all levels of the organisation.
We will invest in our employees to allow them to develop further. Full training is provided and qualification opportunities are available including; QCF in Health and Social Care (Equivalent NVQ Level 2, 3, 4, and 5).
We are rapidly growing due to the commitment of our valuable current Care Worker team members and we are looking for caring, compassionate individuals to join us. We strive to achieve the very best for our service users and enable them to remain at home and be comfortable.
About the Care Worker role:
- To assist with personal care. Duties will include assistance with washing, toileting, shaving, dental hygiene, bathing, dressing, and eating
- To assist with domestic duties. Duties will include cleaning, cooking, washing and shopping
- To contribute to a daily log of care and medication record. These will be kept at the service user’s home
- To ensure the health and welfare of service users
- To encourage and enable service users to achieve and maintain maximum independence
- To deliver person centred care
- To fully participate in team meetings, supervisions, appraisals and other meetings set up to review your achievements
Responsibilities of our Care Worker:
- Ability to work with service users in a caring manner that ensures dignity and respects the right of the service user to be independent
- Supports the values of person centred working and promotion of independent living
- Willingness to learn and develop as an individual
- Practical understanding of equality issues in delivering care services
- Presentable to Service Users
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience required by our ideal Care Worker:
- Full UK driving license and own reliable form of transport
- Good understanding of the complex needs of older people receiving care services
- Good command of spoken English
- Able to complete simple messages and forms in clear understandable writing
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
Desirable but not essential Qualifications possessed by the ideal Care Worker candidate:
- QCF in Health and Social Care equivalent of NVQ Level 2, 3, 4, or 5
Benefits of being our Care Worker:
- Mileage allowance (37 pence per mile)
- Free uniforms
- Opportunity to undertake recognised qualifications: QCF in Health and Social Care (Equivalent NVQ Level 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- Career Development opportunities
***Candidates must have full availability across the week and weekends to be considered for this position***
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this Care Workerrole please click ‘Apply’ now.
If you have experience as a; Care Assistant / Community Care Worker / Community Support Worker / Community Care Assistant / Domiciliary Care Worker / Domiciliary Support Worker / Domiciliary Care Assistant then this role would be suitable for you.