Multi Skilled Engineer Night Shift only
Multi Skilled Engineer (Night Shift only) – Norwich – circa £40,000
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-skilled Engineer with Electrical bias and sound Mechanical knowledge to join one of our key clients based in the heart of Norwich. (Please note, this vacancy will be a permanent night shift only role)
The successful Multi Skilled Engineer will be working within a complex engineering environment. Their Multi-Skilled Engineers are responsible for providing a responsive engineering service to the Sites Operations Team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. They will be responsible for providing effective and long term solutions to continuously improve machine reliability.
The key elements of the role involve:
- Identification and recovery of fault situations on all processing equipment and ancillary devices.
- Monitoring and adjusting equipment and process conditions to ensure that 'right first time' quality is achieved.
- Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations, and routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement at all times and assisting in process improvement projects.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Applicants must be Apprenticeship trained/HNC qualified in an electrical or mechanical discipline although both mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment is needed. The following skills are also required:
- Excellent ability to fault find.
- Fault finding on ac variable speed drives an advantage (Lenze, Sew, Control Techniques, and Siemens etc.)
- Fault finding on dc drives an advantage (Siemens, ABB, SSD etc.)
- Knowledge of Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley plc's.
- Understanding hydraulic systems
- Understanding pneumatic systems
- Experience of steam systems an advantage
- Experience of mechanical drive systems (Power transmission)
- General mechanical repairs.
. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click on the APPLY button below!