Own Brand Technologist
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for groceries. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but a 'centralised distribution' or 'warehouse-based' business model. We depend on innovative technology driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're always on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
You will work alongside Product Development to launch Ocado Own Brand Products. You will ensure all Ocado Own Brand products meet the criteria for safe and legal food supply. You will have responsibility for dedicated categories in our business and complete all technical requirements prior to the launch of products onto the website. You will be part of a small friendly team working on developing the Ocado range, within a defined strategic framework initially.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Brand Standards
- Implementing the Own brand Strategy
- Approving suppliers,
- Developing products and ranges
- Technical Expertise
- Work within the NPD process and to the Critical Path timelines
- Conduct quality reviews post launch
- Quality Monitoring
- Surveillance Testing
- Ethical Trading
What do we need from you?
- Technical Skills you will be degree qualified in a food related subject. You will have previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment, with retailers or having a retail facing role, working closely with suppliers, including auditing, supplier development, NPD from concept to launch and completing all necessary technical documentation.
- Experience or good knowledge of Food Retailing is essential and online retailing is advantageous.
- Customer focus and an understanding of our core customers’ needs and online retail will help you deliver in this role.
- Product Passion you need to demonstrate a passion for food and retailing
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status