Are you an experienced Maintenance Fitter? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter to be based at their Cornelly Quarry in Bridgend and they want to hear from you!
Our client believe their people are their business. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining the team as a Maintenance Fitter, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary, shift allowance and bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Access to the company rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Maintenance Fitter, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working on heavy fixed plant equipment either in a factory or industrial environment. You will also be / have knowledge of:
- Time served working on industrial plant equipment
- BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ3 in mechanical engineering
- IOSH training would be advantageous
- Extensive experience of welding and fabrication
- Fault finding
Ideally, we would like an experienced quarry fitter, however, we would consider a candidate from a fitting background in another industry.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to the Site Manager, the successful Maintenance Fitter will work as part of the site team maintaining all plant equipment across the site to ensure all maintenance is carried out to a high standard and in line with company procedures to maximise efficient productivity. You will also take responsibility for:
- Ensuring plant equipment maintained to high standard and in a timely manner
- Developing a works plan and maintenance system
- Ensuring plant operates in a safe manner
- Ensuring all work carried out and documented in line with company Health and Safety policies
- Ensuring production is maintained to required target levels by assisting on line and mobile plant when required.
Our client is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
If you share these values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help the business fulfil their vision, our client would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Maintenance Fitter!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.