Site Reliability Engineer
You can help decide how the SRE function develops at DLG.
The purpose of the SRE function is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind all of DLG services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
This is achieved by providing operational support for both the Support and the Development organisation, by ensuring that software is engineered with operations in mind.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve application and infrastructure issues for multiple applications in a production environment, including interfacing with both internal and external customers.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous integration\continuous deployment (CI\CD) toolsets and methodologies to manage environments and complete deployments.
- Contribute to automation and tools in accordance with team coding standards.
- Recognise dependencies and security risks when isolating and resolving issues, modifying code, and proposing solutions. Recognise opportunities to continually performance tune and optimise environments
- Provide a detailed 3rd Line Support to production environments and assist in the resolution of production incidents
- Proactively expand knowledge across application portfolio and infrastructure domains.
- Occasionally develop new code and modify existing code as needed to automate operational tasks and/or resolve production issues. Contribute to documentation.
- Champion efficiency, automation, and best practices through own code.
- Provide documentation that is clear, accurate, and complete.
- Support the team as an expert in multiple domains. Sought out by other team members for advice on how to resolve issues.
- Ensure production changes are documented, fully tested in non-production environments, and adhere to change control and audit requirements.
- Demonstrates insatiable passion for learning and technology. Is self-motivated and driven to succeed collaboratively, caring more about solution than credit.
- Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
The type of person we are looking for will have previous experience with:
- Any Middleware
Please note we will consider candidates with a strong background in Site Reliability Engineering, even if they do not have the Tech Stack.
Other Soft skills required:
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure adherence to implemented processes.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to work proactively, with team members, vendors and other staff to achieve goals.
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of working with software engineers and web developers
- Able to engage people on all levels.
This is your chance to come and help start a team that will have an outweighed impact on the business.