Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with hands-on experience of Microsoft Operating Systems and associated technologies for a new onsite support role in Cambridge. You will be providing the 1st and some 2nd line support in a very dynamic business environment. You will play a key role working on exciting projects and supporting a multitude of applications running on varied platforms and advanced technologies but it is essential you are happy to get stuck in with basic fixes to more complex issues.
As the Support Engineer this is an opportunity to join a team redesigning my clients infrastructure where you will be a key part of positive change and a forthcoming site move. Our client is seeking candidate with strong user / customer facing skills and a keenness to get hands on with hardware and support. Working within this fast paced and hands on environment you will be working on a range of Windows based projects from upgrading the networks and servers to looking at cloud based support services.
- Experience of Active Directory
- Skilled in the assembly and understanding of PC systems. Building new desktops and servers
- Proficient in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Server and Office365 experience
- Networking knowledge
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN
- Cisco router knowledge
- Experience within an ITIL environment
- Exposure to Linux Systems