The purpose of this role is to assist the domestic business Finance team in performing month end close procedures, internal reporting to department heads on sales performance and SOX compliance.
The job will also require coordinating responses from the export division Financial Analysts.
A global market leader, with a strong and recognisable brand, based in large modern offices in the Weybridge area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Financial Accountant opportunity involves;
- Loading of month end data from our local ERP system (AX) into Corporate reporting system for close
- Ensure all month end journals have been correctly approved and filed
- Review of month end reconciliations prepared by shared services for fixed assets, bank, stock, cash, accounts receivable and accounts payable and drive process improvements
- Preparation of month end prepayments and accruals reconciliations and ensure all accounts are clear of historic items
- Maintaining purchase price information in the ERP system
- Preparation of month end payroll and payroll taxes reconciliations
- Ensure audit file is complete and signed off by the Country Controller
- Assist SOX compliance manager with SOX control testing on a monthly basis - primarily invoice cut off, credit notes, pricing, and segregation of duties audits
- Assist the Financial Analysts with coordinating the annual audit for group reporting purposes
- Assist in preparation of the yearend financial statements and Corporation tax analysis
- Assist with filing of the quarterly VAT returns
- Work with the analysts to resolve any accounting related issues in the AX system
The successful candidate for the Financial Accountant role will;
- be part qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- have preivously worked in a similar role
- have worked in a large (preferably an international
- Intermidteate-advanced Excel is essential
- Hyperion experience is highly desireable
- Prior experience of developing/running monthly financial reporting pack
- Prior audit/SOX experience would be beneficial
ERP experience (AX/Atlas desirable)
- excellent attention to detail, a right first time attitude and be able to work to tight deadlines both on their own and as part of a team
- Should be willing to challenge processes and identify process improvements
- Should have some basic taxation knowledge in terms of corporation tax and VAT rules
- Good organisational abilities
- Able to present and convey problems/issues by applying technical knowledge and learnings to group/team
The Financial Accountant role can pay between £30-40,000+ study support + excellent benefits.