Location of this role can be flexible as long as it is within easy commutable distance of London. This role does include extensive international travel however with an option to work from home when not travelling.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, focused Internal Auditor to join Inchcape Plc, a previous Number 1 'Sunday Times Best Big Company to Work For.
Inchcape’s Internal Audit function strives to be the trusted advisors to our leaders so that our business continues to deliver excellence as management executes Inchcape’s Drive5 strategy. The principle purpose of the role is to provide and independent, objective assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of Inchcape’s internal control environment, risk management and governance processes. The internal Audit team also plays a significant role in frauds and whistleblowing investigation processes.
The team works with key stakeholders across the group to gain an in-depth assessment of key risks, and work with the business to develop and deliver value-adding audits. These are varied in nature and cover compliance and risk based reviews as well as special projects. The Internal Auditor will ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements from start to finish including tactical planning and wrap up activities.
Typical tasks will include
· Preparing audit planning documentation, conduct walkthroughs, and assess the internal control environment through control and substantive testing in accordance with the Audit Committee approved risk based audit plan and Group Internal Audit Methodology.
· Evaluate the adequacy of design and effectiveness of key controls and potential business risks by analysing available documentation and asking insightful questions to identify root causes and draw the appropriate conclusions. In conjunction with management, recommend solutions to minimise the risks identified.
· Ensure internal audit work practices are followed and ensure that documentation and tests performed comply with auditing standards, Group Internal Audit requirements and achieve the audit objectives.
· Ensure Audit work is performed with proficiency, due professional care, in accordance with professional ethics and Group Internal Audit requirements
· Develop and execute analytical review procedures for operational and financial data
· Prepare quality internal Audit reports
· Perform follow up reviews to assess implementation status of internal and external audit findings
· Investigate allegations of fraud/whistleblowing as appropriate and collect required evidence. Prepare written investigation reports to document the findings and proposed recommendations for control environment improvement.
· Participate in projects as designed and indicated by the Group IA team
· Share best practice and provide insights into opportunities for operational efficiencies, cost savings process improvements and risk education
· Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Group
· Contribute to reports preparation for Audit Committee meetings
· Effectively collaborate with the wider Group Internal Audit team including guest auditors, ensuring that common objectives are achieved
Skills and Experience required
· Achieved on accountancy and audit qualifications included but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, and a university degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics etc. with demonstrable PQE
· Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques, working knowledge of IFRS and International Standards on Auditing, IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
· Excellent written, communication and presentation skills with the ability to work on multiple projects within set timelines and with minimal supervision
· Strong relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with management to build trust and credibility
· Flexible and adaptable; a proven track record of and preference for working in change environment with ambiguity
· Strong commercial acumen, resilience, confidence and willingness to excel with focus on a continuous improvement
· Ability to pay attention to detail while combining with the ability to see the 'big picture’
· Proficiency in English (verbal, spoken and written). Knowledge of other languages (i.e. Chinese, Spanish, Russian) is an advantage
· SAP/or equivalent and IT controls knowledge, proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint), data analytical skills.
· Willingness to travel internationally up to 50%
Sound interesting? Click apply today !!