Communications Officer (Maternity Cover) - Competitive Salary - Lancashire
Active Lancashire is looking for a Communications Officer to join their incredible team of professionals. As the Communications Officer, you will be given a variety of tasks and a great deal of responsibility - so if you are organised, driven and up for the challenge, this could be the role for you!
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional communication, co-ordination and organisational skills. You will have a direct effect on business growth meaning your ability to enthuse, motivate and build strong, sustainable relationships with partners and customers is crucial.
- Ensure Active Lancashire has a consistently high, positive profile across all communication channels
- Promote the benefits of and opportunities to take part in Sport and Physical Activity in innovative and appealing ways
- Lead the annual Lancashire Sports Awards including event management, sponsorship and PR
- Provide the core team with Marcomms Support for the ESIF More Positive Together Project
- Represent the Partnership on County and Regional Groups and Forums as required
Active Lancashire have one goal - to share and spread their vision in understanding the importance of sport in changing lives. The company is partnered with local government, sport bodies, health sector, education and media partners, bringing all partners together to create healthy lifestyles through sport and physical sctivity.
The work they do involves creation of a single 'delivery system’ for sport in Lancashire through coaching, club and workforce development. Take this exciting opportunity to help share Active Lancashire’s vision and play a real part in growing this innovative company.
The key skills and responsibilities of a Communications Officer:
- Evidence of Communications training (e.g. Customer Relationship Management courses / qualifications / Internal training programmes)
- Professional Membership of the Chartered Marketing Institute (or working towards)
- Experience of maintaining and developing website content and social media
- Experience of creating a range of documents such as newsletters, press releases for a range of audiences
- Experience of developing and delivering a Communication strategy
- Experience of Event Management
- An understanding of Local Government structures, priorities and networks
Excited about taking this massive step in your career? Please click the apply now button to find out more.