IT Technical Consultant
Here lies an excellent opportunity to join an independent and innovative company that provides first class IT computing support to the education sector in the UK.
This vastly expanding company supplies technical support to schools in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Surrey and London.
Due to this expansion this company are looking to fill an IT Technical Consultant role in Oxfordshire.
You will be joining an existing team of IT Specialist helping schools improve the quality of their IT Provisions and enable them to deliver on their teaching and learning through IT solutions. You will be liaising between your schools and the company itself, keeping the services the company provide to the schools up to date and managing the accounts of your customers.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience working as an IT Technician and any experience working in the education sector will be beneficial but not necessary. You will need a strong IT Technical background, be self-motivated and have excellent customer service skills. You need to be an excellent communicator and be able to organise yourself to a high standard. You must have at least GCSE/A Level qualifications or experience in the following:
- Resolving technical problems
- Work on Backup and test recovery
- Logging and tracking technical problems on the system
- Provide feedback on each school’s progress
- Ensure recovery material is available and kept in a secure place on site
- Log server details and school data in the correct manner and kept up to date
- Support Audio Visual requirements
- Effectively monitor, manage and maintain all infrastructure systems, including servers, storage, Wi-Fi and networking equipment
- Manage key services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Deploy and maintain filtering, firewall and Anti-Virus systems
- Manage the installation, maintenance and upgrades of desktop hardware
This is a full time role and all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.