Finance Analyst - Ecommerce & logistics
Location: Nr Bournemouth but MUST drive as regular visits to the Midlands required
Salary: to £28k + study support
My client is a growing retailer who has a Head Office in Bournemouth with stores around the UK serviced by a Distribution Centre in the Midlands. PLEASE NOTE REGULAR VISITS TO THE DC WILL BE REQUIRED - SO IF YOU DONT DRIVE PLEASE DONT APPLY!
As the Logistics and Ecommerce Finance Analyst, you will act as a key member of the Finance team driving improvements in the quality, timeliness and insight provided from weekly and monthly management reporting, as well as budgeting and forecasting.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, you will be responsible for providing commercial insight and reporting to both Finance and Supply Chain teams on the operational and financial performance of the Distribution Centre. Where relevant, this role will also be involved in strategic projects impacting the Supply Chain and Ecommerce operation.
The role will require regular travel to the Distribution Centre in Burton - 2-3 days on a fortnightly basis
Our ideal candidate will have -
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact and gain respect and trust at all levels, and to present complex issues in an easy to understand way to non-finance members of the team
• Proactive self-starter who thrives on being fully accountable for their work
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Must be detail and accuracy orientated with strong analytical skills whilst still being able to view the Big Picture
• Ability to work well with others and handle pressure and rapidly changing demands in a fast paced dynamic customer focused environment.
• Flexible, high energy and passionately committed to the business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Graduate calibre preferably with a desire to or having already commenced studying an accountancy qualification, with a high level of exposure to D.C. operations
• Retail sector experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
• Experience of Business Objects, Targit analytical suite and Navision an advantage but not essential.
• Must be someone who is driven by results, commercially successful and has experience in contributing through collaboration with all other functions, with the aim of continuously improving performance.