Health and Safety Co-ordinator
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join their team of staff in the Health and Safety department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Level 3 qualification in H&S Management or willingness to complete recognised qualification
- H&S professional registration (IOSH) or willingness to apply for professional registration
- Fire safety skills
- Competent Risk Assessor
- RCA / Incident investigation
- Contractor Management skills
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To advise and assist the responsible person i.e. Executive Director, to meet and interpret their duties and obligations under applicable Health & Safety Acts, regulations and industry technical guidance.
- To assist the Senior Management Team (SMT) achieve a safe working and caring environment, and to prevent harm from occurring while promoting a positive health and safety culture as a core value.
- To demonstrate the significance of health and safety compliance to our regulators i.e. the CQC, HIS, HIW, HSE, EA, local government agents and interested parties.
- Coordinate H&S Inspection and audit programmes (schedule) and results in liaison with the HoDs to ensure H&S inspections are completed and the findings addressed within agreed timescales
- Assist with local management and facilities projects in reviewing contractor/supplier health & safety documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) within your capability, to ensure they are ‘suitable and sufficient. Escalate technical queries to the regional Health & Safety Manager
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.