Are you a creative and passionate Interior Designer, with a collaborative and cheerful attitude?
Do you have design flair and the drive to push creative boundaries? Do you perform under pressure of deadlines and have that desire to succeed?
Is your current role restricting your personal development and growth?
Due to our continued growth in increasing design led commercial and educational furniture and fit-out markets, we are now seeking a passionate and creative Interior Designer to work in a vibrant, culture led business.
This company is experiencing solid and consistent growth, with a fun, friendly and kind culture. The fact that our projects are creative, design led, fun and vibrant means this role will be right in the centre of what has made this company great. The opportunity to grow and flourish in your knowledge of interior design, relating to commercial and educational sectors is waiting for you.
We have two sections to our company - one is commercial fit out and office refurbishment, working in the Gatwick Diamond and Central London. The other is specialist refurbishment and furniture supplying to the education market. We provide a comprehensive and detailed design service to our clients, including space planning, preparing 3D models and visuals, interior design schemes, FFE packages and bespoke furniture.
The role we are recruiting for is an Interior Designer to work across both sectors, with a varied role spanning the commercial interiors design and build market as well as educational spaces.
The ideal candidate will have proven and demonstratable experience in the office fit-out and refurbishment sector or the education design sector. The role is design based and involves supporting our Senior Interior Designer on larger schemes, as well as stand-alone projects. The successful candidate must be creative, take pride in their work, and be able to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines. A team player is essential.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Space planning
- Producing 2D drawing layouts
- Producing 3D models & visual representations
- Presentations and proposals, including material & product selection
- Attending internal project meetings and external client meetings
- Producing detail drawing packages for installation
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
The design team currently comprises of a team of three, with additional freelancers as required.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive and growing company in 2 vibrant and developing market sectors.
Interior Designer | Designer | Space Planner | Sketchup | InDesign | Photoshop | Interiors | Office Fitout
- Previous experience working in the UK.
- Flair and drive to push creative boundaries.
- Proficient in Sketchup, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
- Interior Design Degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years interior design experience.
- Team player/ collaborative approach.
- 3Dmax experience, or other rendering packages.
- Architectural and detailed design experience.
- Furniture and furnishing procurement experience.
The company has been in the furniture and refurbishment markets for eight years and has seen strong growth year-on-year.
We work together as a close knit team, valuing our family heritage and promoting mutual respect and support. This has created a loyal, customer-focused team, who uphold the following values:
- Respect; for other persons, their property and feelings
- Integrity; Honesty, truthfulness and loyalty
- Diligence; hard work and time-keeping
- Professionalism; dress, demeanour and language
- Continual improvement; better not bigger.
Additional information: Salary dependent on experience, Company Bonus Scheme, company lunch provided, 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.