Our client is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-growing retail business based in South-West London. Reporting to the FC, you will have the autonomy to look into trends and analyse store performance. This role is initially for a period of 6 months with scope to go permanent for the right individual. With further development in the commercial and finance team, there will be significant potential opportunities to progress.
- Month end journals with appropriate backup and reviewing result of entries into the ledger.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations for selected accounts including fixed assets, cost prepayments / accruals and accrued / deferred revenue.
- Analysis of month end variance to budget / forecast for revenue and expenses and engaging with departments to review and understand drivers for reporting commentary.
- Responsible for revenue recognition on contracted income in general ledger.
- Preparation of regular department expenditure reports and liaison with budget holders to facilitate awareness of financial and improved forecasting accuracy.
- Business profitability analysis support to financial controller.
- Enhancing reporting process for month end cycle.
- Identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Supporting the budget and forecast processes.
- Making adhoc bank payments.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- AdHoc project work as directed
- Part-Qualified / Finalist Accountant.
- Hard working with strong attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Experience of working in small company environment.
- Working to multiple deadlines and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills - V Lookups, pivot tables, Sum ifs.
Radley Green acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.