To analyse and evaluate internal and external market information from multiple sources, identify trends and turn insight into actionable opportunities across European customers.
My client is a Market leading FMCG business based in Oxfordshire who are looking to expend their European Category team as they continue to grow throughout Europe. This is a fantastic place to work which has an unrivalled culture, fantastic product range and great development opportunities.
The succesful Category Executive will be responsible for:
- Act as the central source of data analysis & recommendations, supporting the Head of Category & Insights across multiple European customers.
- Analyse and interpret all data sources and identify trends and opportunities
- Develop up to date insight on the effectiveness and efficiency of promotion for key SKU's across promotional leavers; i.e., price depth and end price, visibility options, seasonality etc
- Provide recommendations to account managers on best practices and joint review of promotional calendars to ensure adoption and compliance
- Track and measure ROI of customer marketing providing recommendations for best practices
- Preparation of routine executive performance reports and KPI dashboard, analysis of weekly sales, rate of sales & stocks for the major customer.
- Regular capture category and competitor data across major retailers through websites, leaflets and store checks. Track vs market RRP, promo price and ARP over time.
- Interpreting market and competitor analysis working with the Commercial team to determine appropriate actions and responses
- Partner with external data agencies to ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of information
- Use & interpret all intelligence to create & develop compelling arguments in support of commercial propositions and support better commercial decision making.
The Category Executive will ideally display:
- Minimum three years' experience in FMCG business providing analytical support
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Contact / direct experience in a commercial role
- Customer focused
- Commercial acumen
- Analytical ability (including financial)
- Generating insight
- Strong communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Project management
- Planning and organisation
- Results orientated
The Category Executive role is a great opportunity to learn and develop within a fast paced with a fantastic company culture.
If you are interested in finding out more then please get in touch with Leslie Davies at Michael Page on