Service Integration Dev Lead
We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
The SI Dev Lead team facilitate the smooth transition of new requirements and improvements into the BAU operational workflow for Sky's OTT services across the UK & Europe. They provide key metrics and reporting to help support the business in tracking the performance and availability of OTT Sky products throughout their lifecycle.
As an OTT Systems Integration Development Lead, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring operational readiness of new products and solutions within the streaming and CDN environments. This requires creation of support documentation & mindmaps, through engagement with development, support and project teams
- Training the first line support team, Platform Control, to ensure they possess the information & high level skills needed to support the platforms
- Attending project and operational meetings. This successful candidate should be able to manage stakeholder expectations, convey information effectively and extract and relay back to the wider team any relevant information.
- Working closely with stakeholders, development teams, equipment vendors & other business partners to ensure correct reporting standards are adhered to and to facilitate ongoing knowledge share.
- Extracting and presenting key metrics to inform platform improvement or rollout decisions.
- Ensuring OTT changes are reviewed and resource is available within platform control to effectively support
- Configuration of monitoring and alerting across the OTT platform to ensure issues are detectable throughout Sky's infrastructure.
- Analysis tools (Wireshark, Agama, Conviva)
- Adaptive streaming protocols such as Microsoft Smooth, Apple HLS and MPEG-DASH
- Scripting experience (ideally Ruby or Python)
- Regex and Linux
- Load Balancing & Traffic Management platforms (F5 GTM, GSLB)
- Deployment and automated build technologies (Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet)
- Knowledge of monitoring using Prometheus and ELK stacks
- Experience of cloud and Big Data technologies is advantageous
- Virtualisation and on-demand resources (Cloud hosting - private and shared)
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better