A broad Legal Cashier position within a well established Law firm in East London.
This provides the platform for an individual from a legal or professional services background, to work within a large Cashiering team.
The client is a leading Law firm situated in London that covers a variety of legal services. With multiple offices worldwide and revenue over £80 million, this firm is held in very high esteem.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Receiving and paying out of client monies for general client account, DDA's and joint accounts
- Processing of bill receipts including credit card receipts and cheques
- Processing of disbursements incoming from experts and barristers, checking rolling fee notes and recording any unposted items
- Payment of third party invoices from experts and barristers, including overseas, recorded and paid on our bills.
- Bill payment reversals and reallocation of funds
- Producing and distributing the daily download from the online bank system and daily balances
- Performing sanctions checks against database for monies received and monies being sent out
- Calculating client account interest
- Chasing and recording of receipted counsel fee notes
- Monitor and deal with old client account balances / credit disbursement balances
- Distributing petty cash and incoming mail
- Assisting with bank reconciliations as required
- Accounts Rules and AML compliance at all times and updating of the breach log
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working as legal cashier for at least 2 years (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to work in a team, proactively assisting colleagues in their roles as well as completing own tasks
- Flexible attitude, ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good communications skills orally and in writing
- Familiarity with Aderant (or similar) accounting systems will be a benefit
- Familiarity with online banking systems
- Good knowledge of the Solicitors Regulatory Authority Accounts Rules (additional training will be provided as necessary)
- Strong Microsoft office skills
A salary of up to £32,000
25 days holiday
Working hours of 9:30am - 5:30pm