Principal Associate Transport Planner
Job Title: Principal | Associate Transport Planner
Salary: £45K - £65K
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Principal / Associate Transport Planner to join a dynamic team based at their office in central London. As a Senior member of staff, you will be responsible for day to day project management and organisation of tasks to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner for projects. You will take a lead with other staff in delivering solutions under the guidance of Directors within the Company. In addition to the management of projects and staff, you will be expected to develop strong relationships with clients and other consultants through work that you generate individually for the business, or as part of the existing workload and client base that has been already established.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
1. A first degree in civil engineering/transport planning, or similar subject, with Masters in transport planning. Alternatively, you may have a HND/HNC background with good experience and either achieved or be contemplating a Masters in transport planning.
2. Extensive experience and a strong knowledge of the development planning process including the role of planning applications and understanding of Local Plans.
3. Managing and preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
4. Ability to use software in junction design and capacity assessment (LINSIG, Junctions 9), use of the TRICS database, a knowledge of survey methods and analysis, a knowledge of junction design, road safety and use of AutoCAD would all be necessary in this role.
5. Experience working for private sector developer clients
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.