Finance Business Partner / Project Accountant
Our client is an innovative, global business with a supportive and flexible working culture.
There is currently a requirement for a qualified/part qualified Management/Project accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong commercial and financial background who can confidently communicate with various stakeholders. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and manage the different aspects that this role will bring. It is essential that you are a self-motivated individual with strong excel skills who takes pride in your work. You will be an individual who pays great attention to detail, can provide accurate and timely management information and provide a commercial insight and guidance on financial aspects which are consistent with group expectations
Commercial Finance duties:
- This will involve working closely with the business to ensure all finances are being controlled. You will need to be able to provide accurate forecasting of revenue information, providing commentary on variances and managing key KPI's
- Be responsible for and challenge the accuracy of Phasings, Variance analysis and the Revenue figures, ensure these are prepared consistently in line with company guidelines, take ownership of these figures & ensure they are submitted to the Senior Client Finance Manager in a timely manner so they can be consolidated for Group purposes in line with agreed timelines.
- Promote and have regular catch up meetings with the key internal business stakeholders to review the progress of all projects and ensure all finances are being controlled.
- Review and ensure all the Management Information produced for the business area is accurate and provided in a timely manner to both the SLT and Senior Client Finance Manager
- Ensure all key KPI's are on track for the full year, ensure corrective action is put in place if there are any issues and flag to the Senior Client finance Manager any issues in a timely manner
- Promote and have regular catch up meetings with the Senior Client Finance Manager to ensure all know risks and current developments are flagged.
- Responsibility for ensuring all businesses in the group operate in line with company Financial procedures by reviewing the training needs and processes and assist in training and support as required to the commercial team
- Lead the review of financial training needs across the Group and working with the aligned Project Accounts team member ensure training is provided to promote financial awareness.
Month-end Project Accounting:
- Responsible for the calculations of revenue for one of our legal entities ensuring all checks are in line with IPG Revenue policy to ensure accurate Revenue reporting
- Reconciliation of revenue tracking to the General ledgers
- Completion of monthly balance sheet revenue related reconciliations for IPG reporting
- Shared Revenue Calculation and journals
- Creation and review on WIP aging
- Responsible for the timely submission and maintenance of the IPG Revenue CSA system and Hyperion schedules
- Responsible for the collection/processing and monthly review of Project Accruals
- IPG revenue Variance Analysis
- Any other ad hoc schedules/reports as required.
General Finance Duties:
- Review of management information before publication
- Communicate effectively within the finance team and ensure transparency with key finance contacts to help drive consistency of approach, fostering inclusion and Finance team cohesion
- Providing support for the Project Accounts team where required and assist in holiday cover for the Senior Client Finance Manager
- To achieve the above in accordance with defined and agreed deadlines and budgets
- Efficiently manage competing projects
- Alert colleagues to any potential problems in a timely manner
- Assist in collating and checking information for internal and external auditors
- Communicate effectively with internal colleagues and company contacts
- Follow company style guidelines and procedures
- Anything else reasonably required
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-assess priorities in a quick paced environment and to use own initiative
- Confident communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Results driven with an appreciation for the importance of processes to meet goals.