Regulatory & Conduct Risk Planner
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reporting to: Head of Regulatory Assurance & Planning
Lutine Bell is working with a FTSE 50 group providing life assurance, asset management, banking & general insurance. The business is trusted by more than 16 million customers across the world with a total of £300.5bn AUM.
They are a leading investment business in the UK and internationally with over £100bn in investments for over 1 million customers.
Main Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of regulatory and conduct risk analysis, planning and reporting activities on behalf of the Regulatory and Conduct Risk team, together with being the team subject matter expert on regulatory technological applications, identifying how these might be used to develop the team’s operating model.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Regulatory and Conduct Risk Team’s Risk Universe, ensuring this covers all key risks the team is responsible for overseeing
- Manage the development and maintenance of a risk-based Regulatory and Conduct Risk Team Annual Plan, ensuring this is delivered in line with required governance approvals and timescales.
- Identify where changes to the Plan should be proposed, in line with changes to the Regulatory and Conduct Risk profile, or where the Plan is at risk of not being achieved, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Manage (and identify and implement opportunities to extend) continuous monitoring analysis and reporting activities, including in respect of conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment, share dealing and breach management reporting by the Business Units.
- Manage the timely preparation by members of the Regulatory and Conduct Risk of all Board and Committee and other reporting, including the Conduct Risk Report, Governance Map and the Letter of Representation Team return, ensuring consistency in reporting and quality of submissions.
- Manage and track progress by the team with open audit and other actions, escalating challenges to ensure completion within agreed timelines.
- Analyse potential IT solutions for future ways of working, making recommendations for automation and changes to the Regulatory and Conduct Risk Team Operating Model,
- Manage third party contracts and relationships for software systems operated within the team and act as lead administrator for the software applications deployed, making recommendations for enhancements or changes where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including proactively seeking to gain stakeholder buy in of team activity and reporting obligations.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the regulatory risks facing both the business and Business Units and how these feed into the overall strategy, resulting business plan and in turn the Compliance Plan.
- Develop a system to regularly receive appropriate management information and business reports from across businesses to feed into the 2nd line Conduct Risk reporting, ensuring that the reporting evolves to meet the changing needs of the business and regulatory expectations.
- Lead multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously to support the delivery of functional objectives, including the implementation of systems based solutions across the team and Business Units as appropriate.
- Work closely with the stakeholders responsible for the production of the 1st line Customer Outcome Forum Report to provide review and challenge and ensure alignment with Conduct Risk reporting.
- Undertake the periodic analysis and review of findings to determine risk trends and root causes to feed into the Conduct Risk dashboard, for inclusion in the Board Risk Committee papers.
- Develop and maintain procedures to support the responsibilities of the role
- Strong planning and organisation skills and ability to multi-task
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to engage effectively with business stakeholders (to Exec Level) to deliver assurance activities, resulting in value adding risk management practices and reporting solutions.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in assurance, audit, or compliance monitoring based activities
- Broad knowledge of Compliance/Regulatory/Legislative, Risk and
- Governance requirements and resulting processes
- Working knowledge of financial products and industry practice
- Experience in defining and delivering quality reporting to a senior audience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail