We are looking for a Financial Modeller/Planner with experience of working with SaaS businesses.
The role will be responsible for leading and managing small to medium size projects (including analysing and interpreting data and drafting report findings). You will support the CEO with various activities such as payroll authorisation, VAT submissions, expense reporting and annual accounts, etc. It is paramount that the person fulfilling the role is hardworking and works well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities -
- Support the CEO on specific projects and support the running of the Finance function when required
- Support HR in reviewing the monthly payroll, expenses and pension contributions
- Support with the accounts receivable and the reconciliation of the accounts
- Ensure that Xero is updated and the reports from Xero are accurate with specific regard to overseas subsidiaries
- Support the CEO in his requirements for monthly and annual management accounts and report on the financial position of the business, including consolidation of financial statements
- Oversee the submission of regular statutory filings
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts including auditors, solicitors, HMRC, and statutory organisations
Key Responsibilities -
- Support longer-term financial planning and analysis
- Cash flow simulation and forecasting under various scenarios
- Continue to improve our financial management processes and controls, to meet compliance requirements and minimize financial risk
Support the CEO in developing and updating budgets, and with the CEO, liaise with the senior management team around performance against budget
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar finance function within a relevant commercial or social business.
- Competence and understanding of numerical data and graphs
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and cash flow forecasting techniques and knowledge of common business drivers.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and/or QBE
- Problem Solving: You will always try and see why problems occur and find creative ways to solve them. You will be expected to be flexible and adapt to changing needs, and be able to demonstrate delivering results under pressure.
- Communication and relationship building: Ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships with staff and external stakeholders at a senior level.
- Organisation/time: The role will include managing a large amount of data and management information and keeping to strict deadlines. Attention to detail, maintaining records and time management are essential
- IT Skills and Accounting software: Excellent IT skills, with particular emphasis on spreadsheet packages e.g. excellent Excel macro experience to automate all regular reporting and MI and Google Suite. We currently use Xero so experience and understanding of this will be beneficial
- Experience of Xero
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment, contributing to a quality finance function within a small team
- Experience working with jurisdictions outside the UK
What we offer:
Empowerment and autonomy
High degree of flexible working
A front row seat in the fast-growing field of Data Analytics
High level of exposure to businesses, entrepreneurs and investors at the forefront of impact investing
A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work