Commercial Finance Controller
Commercial Finance Controller required by a large organisation based in Nottingham. The position will provide a control and support service to the Divisional Director in investigating, identifying and where necessary taking action on issues within the division.
Main Responsibilities of the role include:
- To assist the Sales Leaders in the commercial and financial aspects relevant to the division.
- To develop targets, forecasts and budgets for the division and to monitor and report on actual performance against these criteria.
- To work with all levels of sales management in a proactive manner: to communicate overall financial requirements and to assist Sales Leaders in their understanding and presentation of commercial and financial data.
- To assist in the design, development and operation of administrative and information systems in the division.
- Make formal presentations as and when required to the Senior Management and Sales teams.
- Monitor, control and report on sales divisional spend.
- Maintain a "database" of divisional information to enable adequate review of monthly accounts reports and allow for logical forecasting of data.
- Pro-actively monitor and report on and where necessary take action within the division to maximise "profitability" and "added value" against targets and budgets.
- Liaise with the Finance group at month end to ensure the accurate timely preparation of results. To include both P & L and balance sheet accounts where applicable, including quarterly reports.
- To be responsible for monitoring divisional pricing controls and procedures and other P & L items that from time to time require review/control and action.
- Monitor divisional headcount and salaries within budget levels and advise on commission and bonus schemes as and when required.
- To manage discount and advise on any potential exposure.
- To manage pricing and margins, and advise accordingly.
- To advise against a deal that could prove commercially unsound for the company.
The ideal candidate will have a financial background ideally CIMA qualified, be an advanced Excel user and have proven analytical skills using large data sets.