Test Analyst / QA Automation / DevOps
2 x Test Analyst / QA Automation / DevOps - Cwmbran, South Wales.
Your new company
Our clients, a rapidly expanding PAAS for worldwide network operators have an immediate requirement for 2 x talented, enthusiastic Test Automation Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an evolving team that is moving towards a DevOps style approach, where collaboration and culture are key. In addition, you will form part of a wider team, helping to develop and shape the future direction of their products
Your new role
You will be required to
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and other Engineers to help define the acceptance criteria for new product features
- Understanding underlying system architecture and requirements as well as business strategy Design, create, implement and execute automated testing
- Create test scenarios along with associated data and scripts based on test plans
- Work side-by-side with developers to identify and resolve issues
- Where necessary, undertake appropriate manual testing
- Ensure highest quality and confidence leading up to product release
- Create appropriate documentation
What you'll need to succeed
- Test automation, ideally using Python
- Writing automated tests to check the behaviour of RESTful APIs and E2E to environments (CentOS and RedHat)
- Testing non-functional requirements (e.g security and performance testing)
- Working with testing frameworks such as Python-Behave, JBehave, Selenium
- Understanding of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Writing queries against SQL databases
- Working within an AWS environment
- Tracing issues through system logs
- Testing in Linux environments (CentOS and RedHat)
- Continuous Integration tooling (Jenkins)
ISTQB Foundation (Desirable)
What you'll get in return
Competitive market rates and an opportunity of contract extension / temp to perm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and you have an appreciation of Agile and DevOps principles / practices and associated tools, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.