Product Manager, Visual Instruments - Education
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson is searching for a credible Product Manager to join our Product Management team, supporting Visual Instruments (VI) education sector sales. Reporting into the Manager, Business Management ; this role will support the planning, preparation, launch and lifecycle management of all education projector products and education vertical sales across the UK and Ireland.
This role is based out of our UK Head office in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Herts with some travel required around the UK and Ireland, and occasional travel to Europe.
- Be the local 'Product Champion', 'evangelist' and 'go-to' person for sales teams, partners and customers on all product related questions/queries, from products and associated programmes, to markets and technologies
- Liaise closely with the Central Business Unit product team to assist in the development of Epson's Customer Value Propositions (CVP), ensuring they are fully compatible for local customer requirements
- Adapt central training materials to communicate the CVP for products for local purposes, and present these to both internal colleagues and channel sales staff
- Support local sales and marketing colleagues at customer events, journalist presentations and exhibitions, ensuring that products are presented / demonstrated at their best
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the key competitors, complementary vendors, end users and channel partners who influence the market
- Gather information from sales teams and directly from customers and the channel on market trends and competitor information (new products / price positioning / promotional offers etc)
- Provide feedback to the Central Business Unit to ensure that the local market situation is fully understood
- Help and support the sales effort by overseeing the key demonstration resource - the product demonstration pool. Ensure that products in the pool are being properly maintained and are received by both the channel and customers in a suitable manner
- Support and engage key alliance partners to enhance these vital business relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Applications are welcomed from candidates in the following job roles - Product Manager, Product Specialist, Audio Visual Specialist, Product Manager - Education, Product Manager - Projectors, Pre-Sales, Product Training Manager, Product Manager - Education Software
- Proven all round product management experience gained preferably from within the high tech industry
- Enthusiasm for technology and an inquisitive mind
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to network
- Ability to analyse information and interpret data using Excel (intermediate)
- Understanding of the market sector, and appreciation of major channel influencers and end users
- Ability to assess and assimilate multiple information sources
- Experience operating in a matrix organisation with central functions
- Able and willing to travel
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.