- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
Working as part of a development team to provide front- and back-end web development skills and activity, for digital applications used across L&G in order to meet the strategic objectives of the organization, and drive overall quality improvements to our websites and digital applications. Apart from developing enterprise solutions, you will also work on short and fast paced proof of concepts and demo projects, showing off the versatility and functionality of our product to internal stakeholders.
- Develop and test front-end web pages, functionality and styling to meet designs and complex requirements, and deliver strategic business objectives.
- Develop and test back-end web applications and business services to meet designs and complex requirements, and deliver strategic business objectives.
- Configure and extend development tools and frameworks, build and test tools where required.
- Support development colleagues with peer review activity as required.
- Participate in agile scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, providing estimates and updates for development activity.
- Working as part of the development team to help understand and shape business requirements.
- Working with the development team and QA Lead to help devise, plan and document tests.
- Utilising and championing agile technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery, pair programming, refactoring, emergent design.
- Introducing Open Source products and tools as appropriate to optimise the delivery timescale and quality of the software product.
- Skills Required
Some experience in server side programming would be useful (e.g. Java, C#)
Experience using Build tools (e.g. Grunt/Gulp), Git - branching/merging/pull requests, Code quality - hinting/linting, etc
Experience with secure development and tools - OWASP top 10
A strong interest in and passion for technology, web design and user experience
An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive web design
A general understanding of test driven development (TDD) and the benefits of developing in this way
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.