Qualified Finance Manager / Financial Controller
Qualified Finance Manager / Financial Controller (Group)
My client based in Ipswich has a new permanent job for an SME Qualified Finance Manager / Financial Controller. This is an exciting role to join a fast-growing logistics SME company and really make a difference and add value to their existing team.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the department whilst supported by a finance team. This is a hands-on role that reports directly to the MD and has an opportunity for development and growth to FD.
- Management of the existing Finance Team of 5
- Management Accounting - management accounts packs, KPIs, "flash reports", "dashboard" development, job costing data etc
- Financial Accounting
- Experience of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Accurate monthly statements
- Month and year-end reconciliations
- Nominal Controls
- Credit Control
- Transactional processing
- Cashflow forecasting
- Overseeing and delivering a timely month end
- Deal with complex queries
- Prepare profit and loss accounts for auditing and filing purposes
- Set up and maintain the fixed asset register
- VAT Compliance and preparation of VAT returns
- Liaise with Auditors for the year-end audit planning
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to have good experience as a hands-on Finance Manager / Financial Controller and be able to hit the ground running. You will enjoy working under your own supervision with the support of a team around you.
You will be Ideally CIMA or ACCA qualified and have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy problem-solving and a role where you can get stuck in and make a difference. This would suit someone that is working at this level already or looking to step up.
You will ideally have experience of working with companies between 5 - 15 million and it would be advantageous to have worked within a group of companies.
This would suit someone who is looking to progress to FD in the future.
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
\"Caballo Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age\".