Deputy Manager Children's Home
Deputy Manager Children's Home
Location: Bacton- Norfolk
Eastways is on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast
PCT Care are currently recruitng for an exciting opportunity with potential for career development within an expanding service.
The position requires a candidate with emotional maturity and intelligence, and offers a competitive salary package for the right person. The role requires a degree of resilience and patience for working with a vulnerable group of young people.
Each staff member is required to be empathetic, committed, compassionate and passionate in order to be able to work with our children and young people.
Providing day to day management of the home under the guidance of the Home Manager, creating a safe living and working environment which balances opportunity and risk within a therapeutic culture.
Ensuring effective delivery of the main responsibilities and duties identified within the role of Deputy Manager.
Committed to working with children and young people with Emotional, Behavioural, Developmental needs.
Promoting trusting relationships between staff and young people and support their holistic grown and development within the home and within the community
Appropriate knowledge and experience of residential care, Ofsted Standards and Regulations and be a champion for children's rights.
Successfully liaising with other professionals, families and carers.
Creative and able to use your own initiative and manage in challenging situations.
A working knowledge of Child Protection Procedures to be able to advise team members, liaise with Social Work colleagues and make appropriate decisions.
Enthusiastic and highly motivated to promote an outstanding and inspirational service for the children in our care.
Undertaking selection interviews following a safer recruitment process for staff and monitoring practice through regular, robust supervision and appraisal and performance management
Providing supervision, annual appraisal and managerial support to team members
- Demonstrating professional behaviour and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Good written, IT and communication skills.
- Ensuring children and young people receive appropriate long or short term care, according to the Statement of Purpose of the Home and PCT Children’s Services policies and procedures, and to ensure that children facing particular crisis and stresses are offered appropriate additional support.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of senior support workers and residential care workers.
- Undertaking the management and delegation of all administrative tasks necessary for the effective running of the residential establishment within policy and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate staff cover to meet the needs of the children and service.
- MUST be available to work shifts and sleep ins, including on-call system and decision making in stressful and charged situations.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Adhere to and implement the PCT Care Children’s Services Equal Opportunities policies.
- The successful candidate will be a holder of Level 3 (minimum) Diploma in Residential Childcare (England), or equivalent
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working with children and young people in a residential children's home.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) would be desirable/working towards or enrolment onto this qualification.
PCT Care Services is a Social Care provider that focuses on understanding and addressing the underlying needs of young people rather than their challenging behaviour and difficulties. We aim to create a nurturing and therapeutic home environment for all young people and staff. We accommodate children between the ages of 8 and 18 years.