- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
As a Scrum Master, you will be working with a cross-functional co-located digital development team, encouraging agile thinking and improving ways of working. You will need to coach the team in how to apply agile values, principles and practices to ensure delivery success. Acting as a servant leader, you will support all aspects of the delivery process, combining technical excellence and pragmatic business acumen.
Lead a cross-functional development team utilising the Scrum framework for the delivery of key digital products.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies; release and sprint planning, daily stand-up, show & tell, refinement and retrospective.
- Identify, manage and remove team-level impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with sprint goals. Develop clear and concise escalation points.
- Provide transparency and visibility by tracking and reporting team-level delivery metrics. Radiate information.
- Drive the adoption of engineering practices such as test-driven development, pair-programming, automated testing and continuous delivery to improve quality and reliability of the team’s deliverables.
- Strive for continuous improvement across engineering processes and practices.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution, empower the team to self-organise and manage.
- Take responsibility for coaching and mentoring team members on agile values, principles and practices.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with your team as well as key development and business stakeholders.
- Comply with Legal & General test principles, audit requirements, and commercial interests. Constructively challenge these processes where you see potential improvements.
- Skills Required
Experience in applying Scrum and XP engineering practices.
Experience as an agile evangelist, promoting the value of agile software delivery.
Experience in coaching and mentoring team members and product owners.
An understanding of servant leadership.
Experience in leading high performing teams.
Experience in the delivery of digital/web based development projects.
Technically aware of all elements of the delivery process from discovery to production deployment.
Technical experience in agile project management tooling and technologies.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.