Location: Brackmills, Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £20K-£30K DOE + 5% Bonus
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours Monday - Friday
Online Direct is looking to recruit a self-driven, focused IT professional with previous experience in software or network support. If you are looking to accelerate your career within a challenging but rewarding environment, please take a look at our offering.
Online Direct is the UK`s leading energy sales solutions company, providing intermediary, business and technology services to B2B energy brokers. Our staff and innovation has enabled us to successfully establish and grow our business and we continue to expand. Come and join us in our new offices and help shape our business as we enter this exciting phase and celebrate our 20th year.
- Act as a key point of contact for technical and support enquiries from staff
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable approach to all incoming calls to service desk
- Administer the service desk support system(s) to log, analyse and fix issues logged
- Manage the IT infrastructure; servers, phone systems, internal network, cloud servers etc.
- Monitor and ensure areas of the network are operating as expected
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of guides and documentation for both department and end users
- Plan, complete and document IT projects and recommend future projects
- Take direction from the Service Delivery Manager in line with the business needs
- Act with independence, conducting research when problems arise and ensure the customer is always kept in mind
- At least 2 years previous experience providing software/network support is essential
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Previous experience using Windows Server (2011-2016), Windows OS (7-10) and Microsoft Office (2013+)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to understand and write technical documentation
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends on occasion
- An IT specific certification or Degree highly desirable
- Experience with VMWare an advantage but not essential
- Competitive package with career development and on-going training
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays / Company Pension / Company Car Scheme /Cycle to Work Scheme / Employee Rewards & Incentive Days / Free Parking / Bonus Scheme
Please apply including a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in the position, why you feel you have the necessary skills to succeed and your current salary details.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of receipt of application.
Thank you for your interest in Online Direct.
No Agencies please!