Voice Developer Nodejs, AWS, Chatbot
New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Voice Developer (Node.js, AWS, Chatbot) to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent basis with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Voice Developer (Node.js, AWS, Chatbot)
We have an exciting opportunity to help drive the development in three emerging product areas: virtual/home assistants e.g. amazon echo, google home; virtual call centre using amazon connect and chatbots such as Facebook messenger. We’re looking for the right kind of individual to help us achieve the ambitious targets we’ve set for these products. You need to have a can do attitude and outlook that sees each challenge as an opportunity. In a new dedicated squad, you will provide technical leadership so that we come up with the right solutions. Your positivity, drive and technical skills will help us build amazing products.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Voice Developer (Node.js, AWS, Chatbot)
- Experience of dependency management using Yarn
- Experience of working with cloud based voice services such as Lex, Connect and Lambda
- Experience of cloud based NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- Experience of automated testing and unit tests using tools such as Mocha, Chai and Sinon
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- An open mind and a willingness to do things differently
- Experience of working with voice interfaces
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment with AWS
- Experienced with deploying AWS Lambda functions using Apex
- Experience with machine learning
Benefits of becoming our Voice Developer (Node.js, AWS, Chatbot)
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘Apply’ today to become our Voice Developer (Node.js, AWS, Chatbot)! We’d love to hear from you!