Indirect Tax Manager
Manager, Indirect Tax
WORKING HOURS:Monday to Friday, 9am -5:30pm (with flexibility as where needed)
Responsible for managing and providing support to the Business for all indirect taxation matters.
- Proactively advise and support the Business and Group Tax team on all indirect taxation matters.
- Prepare and perform a first level review of the quarterly UK VAT tax returns and Annual adjustment.
- Manage the Group’s PESM as required
- Manage the Group’s relationship with HMRC in relation to all VAT matters in conjunction with the Group Tax Manager and Group Head of Tax.
- Manage the preparation of, and where necessary prepare, the rest of the world indirect tax returns.
- Identify and ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted as appropriate in a timely manner. Implement systems changes if necessary.
- Work with and where required provide training to the Finance Operations and Accounts Payable teams to ensure a strong control environment persists with well mapped out, and monitored, processes that drive core outputs.
- Ensure that the VAT accounting arrangements are monitored and fit for purpose.
- As necessary, review the overall management of global tax compliance processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of global tax policies, standards and templates to ensure consistency of good practice and compliance with relevant UK and local law and regulation.
- The role may also include some additional support in relations to Employment Taxes and other Operational Taxes. However no prior experience is needed or expected.
- To fulfil additional ad / hoc duties as requested in order to fulfil the needs of the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to identify, network with and manage key stakeholders, building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple and complex tasks.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines without compromising attention to detail.
- Exceptional numerical and analytical ability, combined with a willingness to get involved at a detailed functional level as necessary.
- Ability to leverage technology, identifying opportunities to improve processes and productivity.
- Capability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Relevant and recognised professional qualifications e.g. ATT / CTA / ACCA or equivalent.