We are looking to recruit an Agile Product Owner for our Client, A Global Market Leader in their Technology, based in the heart of Nottingham City Centre. You love working in a fast paced environment surrounded by talented colleagues, are versatile and relish the opportunity to help keep our Client at the forefront of business communication services.
You have a passion for delivering successful software that delights customers.
Understanding the value of a collaborative approach you are a first-class communicator and work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff of all levels. You take an empirical approach to identifying needs, write great requirements and have an excellent eye for detail as well as possessing broad understanding of SaaS software and what makes a great product.
You love working in a fast paced environment surrounded by talented colleagues, are versatile and relish the opportunity to help keep the business at the forefront of business communication services.
As the product owner in an Agile software team you’ll be the “Voice of the customer” and business face of the applications team. You’ll be responsible for working with stakeholders from across the business to identify the problems they should really try to solve and devising and delivering solutions through the full lifecycle as part of a cross-functional Agile delivery team. On a daily basis you’ll be capturing and refining requirements, decomposing them into user stories and prioritising them as part of the product backlog.
You’ll also be working as part of a collaborative product team delivering cross-team initiatives and contributing to a range of product activities from improving team practices and processes to influencing our overall product strategy.
Your time will typically be spent on the following activities:
Representing customer needs
- Being the \"voice of the customer\" within an Agile software team
Defining & managing requirements:
- Ensuring the team has well defined, organised, prepared requirements that solve the problem
- Grooming the backlog; decomposing and estimating stories with engineers
- Leading requirements gathering effort on high level requirements as needed – consulting product management, implementations, clients, etc.
- Breaking down high level requirements into epics, user stories and tasks
- Gaining feedback on proposed solutions and refining as appropriate
- Being available to the team to answer queries and make decisions on a daily basis
- Creating mockups, working with others to ensure we deliver a great user experience
- Representing the team’s technical and product input in product prioritisation sessions
- Pursuing a collaborative approach to problem solving
Supporting & coordinating delivery
- Documenting software changes for implementations and release notes
- Accepting completed user stories prior to release
- Working with other internal departments and customers to effect change necessary for successful delivery
- Coordinating and communicating overall end-to-end delivery of software developments within the business e.g. with marketing, sales, support, operations
- Helping the product team build and deliver its short, medium and long term roadmaps
- Promoting and contributing to the continuous improvement of product practices
We’re looking for exceptional candidates with a proven track record in a similar role. In particular you are required to have:
- Experience of working as a product owner in an Agile team and all Agile ceremonies
- Stakeholder management and leading requirements gathering
- Experience in working with software based products, ideally in a SaaS environment through full-lifecycle delivery
- Delivering business process change as part of software delivery
- Using empirical methods to support decision making
- Strong consumer knowledge and awareness of mobile technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to articulate and communicate a vision; and bringing those around on board
- Superb organisation and diligence; able to manage multiple priorities and pick out the critical detail
- Demonstrable passion for what you do
- Delivering software for international markets and working with international stakeholders
- Exposure to techniques such as user story mapping, persona generation, user testing
- Collating data on product performance
- Use of JIRA, Confluence and Google Analytics
Working for our Client you’ll enjoy a wide variety of company benefits including monthly social events, 27 days holiday, your birthday off work, private medical, dental cover, great progression opportunities and a lot more!