Head of Insight & Category
Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Head of Insight and Category career opportunity to join our expanding bakery in Leicester.
About us - Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is continually evolving and expanding. We produce a wide range of products within the Food to Go, Produce and Party Food Categories for the UK’s largest retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with almost 1600 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities means that we have an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast moving market.
The Role - We are now looking for an exceptional individual who has the strategic vision and strong leadership skills to help our business grow through its use of Insight and Category.
You will have responsibility for:
- Leading and Managing an experienced Insight and Category team to produce high quality, actionable insights.
- Developing and delivering an effective insight framework in order to deliver actionable insights that help give Bradgate future advantage with our customer.
- Working closely with our customer in order to take advantage of emerging trends and therefore provide NPD and EPD opportunities, primarily, although not exclusively, within the Food to Go category.
- Working closely with the Head of NPD and Head of Sales to optimise commercial opportunities identified through Insight and Category.
- Leading and Managing third party organisations responsible for undertaking independent research on behalf of Bradgate Bakery and our customer.
The successful candidate will:
- Be degree qualified in a Management and/or marketing type subject.
- Be an experienced strategic leader experienced at working on customer growth strategies across all customer touchpoints.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret large complex, diverse data sets and present short, medium and long term opportunities to our customer.
- Have exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the ability to deliver compelling and integrated commercial insight to board level audiences.
- Have the ability to persevere and be persistent when faced with challenges.
- Have several years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have a proactive and professional management style dedicated to achieving results and driving continuous improvement.
- Have a full driving licence and a flexible approach to work.